Monday, September 24, 2012

Toddler Cat Loving


I have a feeling that something is going on with the cats in our house. I don’t know if it’s because of the new baby or if there is something in the cat fountain water or if the cats are trying to butter me up for something because they have been behaving unlike they're usual selves lately. Perhaps they’re planning some grand scheme and they figure if they are nice and lovey dovey they can gain my trust and catch me off guard. Whatever it is I’ve really enjoyed it.

The cats have been really calm and non-dramatic when it comes to Jackelyn showing them affection. In my last blog entry I shared a priceless photo of Jackelyn giving Stitch a big, ole kiss on the noggin. Here is another priceless, amazing and precious gem. Not to be cliche but I think hell might have frozen over.



That is Jackelyn rocking Gordita like she’s a baby. What you don’t know just by looking at this picture is not only did Gordita jump up on the couch to cuddle up next to Jackelyn, but she also allowed her to rock her and sing to her for about 3 minutes. What you can’t hear just by looking at this photo is that she was also purring the whole time. What happened about 3 minutes after this photo was taken is that Jackelyn is the one who stopped rocking and singing to her and ran off leaving Gordita wondering what happened to the love fest.

I never thought I’d see the day that grouchy, cranky Gordita would allow a toddler to rock her like a baby and to sing to her. Pet her, yes but to rock her and hold her? Unheard of … until now. I’m telling you now I think something is up or something has been slipped into the cat fountain water. There is a lot of toddler cat loving going on and not only have the cats have been allowing it to happen but I think they kind of like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment