Friday, May 27, 2011

Stop Judging Me

I might be paranoid and a tad insane … but I swear the cat was judging me today on my parenting skills.

The younger boys’ bookshelves were a mess. A library book was missing and I had about had it. I took all the books off the shelves in piles and had them organize them and put them back nicely on the shelves.

I sat in the doorway holding the baby. I sat in the doorway because stuff seems to get done when I’m standing there. And I was holding the baby because when she’s with me the urge to lose my temper is lessened. And there from the top bunk was Stitch looking at the boys working to put the books back on the shelves and then looking at me.

He had a look in his eyes … like he was judging my parenting skills. He kept looking at me and I couldn’t tell if it was disappointment or disgust or what. Maybe he was laughing at me. Finally I got fed up with it. I looked him in the eye from across the room and silently mouthed “Stop judging me. If you think you can do better then you parent them.”

To this he turned around, tail up and laid down for a nap.

All I could think was “What a jerk.” We never found that missing library book but, those books got put back on the shelves nicely.


2 comments:

  1. Love that your cat dissed you once you accused him of judging you. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats judge me when I sit in front of the TV and snack.

    ReplyDelete