Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Foot Massage For A Head Scratch

The thing with having an infant is that the cat no longer has free range of my lap. In fact, the only time he can get some full-on lap time is when Little J is sleeping.

The funny thing is that Stitch will squeeze as much of his body onto whatever small part of my lap he can get on. Whether it be a knee cap, a small patch of upper thigh or placing his front paws stretched out on top of my knees he makes it happen.

And if there isn’t any room he improvises. For example, a minute ago I was holding Little J on my lap and perusing through Facebook. Stitch walked over, looked up and noticed there just wasn’t a chance of squeezing up on my lap. Instead, he opted to snuggle up against my toes. He nuzzled my toes insisting I give him some head scratches.

I must admit, it felt kind of nice to have some soft, fuzzy fur on my toes. The wet nose was a bit shocking though at first. But the purring that soon followed was almost massaging my feet. I wonder if cat fur helps to exfoliate in any way. I might be on to something here. It would be a win-win for both me and Stitch.

2 comments: