Friday, April 1, 2011

Stitch Is Not A Dog

To save money I’ve decided that I’m going to make my own baby food for my 6 month old daughter Little J. Last night she was chowing down on a concoction of pureed carrots and apples. She thought they were pretty tasty. Except she also thought it was pretty fun to spit it out once in a while to watch it splat on the ground.

I thought maybe Stitch might be interested in helping to clean it up. Silly me.

I called him but he ignored me. So I opened up his food container, scooped up some food and then dropped it back in. I know, it was kind of a mean trick to play. He eventually came downstairs from which ever room he was napping in. He took a look in his food dish and scowled at me. There was no fresh food in there.

I got him to walk over to the baby food splatter on the ground. He sniffed it and gave me the dirtiest look. I’m pretty sure inside he was saying:

“I’m not a dog you moron. I don’t eat your nasty leftovers from the floor, especially if that baby touched it.”

He then left with his tail held up high. He is obviously above eating off of the floor. I should have known. He doesn’t even eat his kibble off of the floor. And trust me when I say that there are all kinds of broken kibble crumbs around his food dish. However, he is completely fine in eating every last crumb of cat treat out of your hand. Even if that hand belongs to one of the boys or my husband (all people he is still on the fence about).

Like I said. Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment