Friday, August 19, 2011

Stitch Has a New Fetish


Upon bringing him home from the cat rescue I quickly learned that not only did Stitch have a fancy for bags and purses, but he was also a paper addict. But every since Little J came home from the hospital I’ve discovered that Stitch has been developing a new fetish for shoes.

I’m not just talking about any old regular shoes either. He and Gordita both enjoy a good head rub on the inside of a shoe that has just been taken off of a foot (and the sweatier and smellier the better in their opinion I’ve noticed.) Oh no, I’ve noticed that he likes to carry Little J’s shoes around in his mouth. I’m not sure if he views them as fabulous accessories or not. Maybe he is jealous that he isn’t getting such stylish things. Either way, it’s kind of annoying when I go to put a booty or a shoe on Little J’s tiny feet and for the life of me cannot find the other one.

I first noticed it when one of her leopard booties went missing. I saw Stitch playing with it. I guess I can’t blame him. Who wouldn’t want to play with a small, fleece leopard print baby booty? It’s when it went missing for about 2 months that I really got irritated. One was just gone. And he kept trying to get the remaining one, but I kept a close eye on it. Little J had seen him carrying the other one around in his mouth so she started carrying the other one around in her mouth. It wasn’t until we moved last month that I found the missing one. Just in time for wedding season too.

The second occurrence was when I caught Stitch softly caressing a shiny, black baby mary jane. I’m not sure if it was a texture thing or what, but he sure seemed to enjoy the feel of the shiny, smooth surface on his paw pad.

My suspicions on his shoe fetish were confirmed this week. Little J received some cute hand-me-down shoes from her older cousin. I can’t really blame him on these either. I think if they made them in adult sizes I might just get a pair for myself. They’re pink and purple, rubber rain boots with cat faces on the front of them. I caught Stitch trying to mouth the handle yesterday. Unfortunately the boot was just a little too tall and a little too heavy for a quick getaway with it.

Memo to Stitch – the gig is up. You’ve been busted!!

For your eyes, here is a photo of the coveted boot that Stitch just had to have but couldn’t manage to borrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment