Friday, August 12, 2011

The Cat Puke Was Embarrassing


Let me tell you about Gordita. Note: if you’re eating or about to eat or just ate – come back later. She likes to binge on cat food, and then she throws it up. The majority of the time she’ll eat it again. Which as nasty as it is it saves me the trouble of cleaning it up so all the power to her.

The first time she lived with us we had to feed Stitch up on a table and monitor his bowl. Unlike Gordita, Stitch likes to graze at his food all day like a rabbit. For a while we couldn’t figure out why Stitch was getting so thin and Gordita was gaining weight. Then we figured out Stitch was on the Gordita diet where she would eat all the food and leave him the few bites he got. Thus, the reason we fed him in a place up high that Gordita couldn’t jump up to unnoticed.

Now that she’s back with us I’ve been feeding Stitch up on the washing machine until I can find a good permanent place to feed him. I figured that she might figure out that’s where the tasty food was instead of her diet food. However, the other day my land lord came over to look at the washing machine that wasn’t working too well.

I brought him out to the wash room and low and behold was undigested, cat puke all down the side of the washing machine and at the bottom in a pile. It was a little embarrassing needless to say. The baby in one hand I skillfully swiped up and scrubbed the washing machine clean with a Clorox cloth in the other…all the while explaining why there was cat puke on the washing machine.

Luckily my land lord is pretty laid back and laughed. I walked out into the living room where Gordita was perched on the back of the couch and gave her a dirty look. “You could have at least cleaned up after yourself you know,” I told her. I’m fairly certain if cats could roll their eyes the way teenagers do she would have done just that.

Gordita must be feeling at home though. She doesn’t puke until she does because she doesn’t gobble down food until she is feeling comfy. Welcome home Gordita.

No comments:

Post a Comment