Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Karma Found Stitch

Today Karma made her way back and found Stitch. Let me explain…

A couple of years ago (in 2007) about a year after Stitch came to live with me I was curling my hair in the bathroom. My hair was still fairly long then so curling it took a good long while. Especially when I had to put hair gunk, and spray and other product prep on it before the actual curling began. Perhaps I brought it upon myself when I decided to put the litter box in the bathroom, but it was really the best place for it to go.

So there I was, curling my hair when Stitch decided that he had to go … and by “go” I mean take a big ole smelly poop. He hopped in his litter box, did his business, all the while watching me. When he was done he did a half-ass job at covering it, looked at me again and sat in the door way.

Oh, the smell, it was dreadful! And the problem was that I was mid-curl and held hostage by my vanity for perfect curls across the room just out of reach of the light switch that would turn on the fan. I shook my fist at him as I held in my breath. He turned his back on me with no regard to my suffering (a move he does very often). Luckily, my sister came to my rescue and turned on the fan and sprayed the room. If only Stitch’s thumbs worked like human thumbs. Maybe he could have at least lit a candle or something.

And today … today Karma came back and got Stitch.

Today Stitch was sitting on the couch. And Baby Jackelyn made her way over to him to pet him. Being a good cat Stitch just sat there and took the petting. But then Jackelyn squatted down as babies do, and started doing her business. Stitch looked at her when the fresh aroma of dirty diaper wafted up to him. Then he glared at me. You know, because I told her to do it near him.

“That’s Karma for you Stitch” I told him. And of course, he stood up, stretched, licked his fur back into place and jumped off the couch. I’m not sure but I think he might have been rolling his eyes at me and muttering “Whatever,” under his breath as he made his way over to the window perch.

I like Karma.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Jackelyn. Stitch probably really didn't care, but I'm sure it made Mommy feel good, except that Mommy had to change your diaper. Remember, Stitch, turn about is fair play!

    ReplyDelete